Posts Tagged ‘Media Industry’
February 10, 2011 Leave a comment
The Indian Media and Entertainment Industry
In my previous post I have discussed about one print media company called LOKMAT MEDIA LIMITED.
- The Indian Media and Entertainment (“M&E”) industry was valued at Rs.587 billion in CY2009, compared to Rs.578 billion in CY2008.
- Media and Entertainment industry expected to grow 14% in comparison in FY’11 in YoY comparison to FY’10
- Television and print media were the largest revenue–generating segments, contributing approximately 70% of the total revenue dominating the sector.
- Internet, Out-of-Home (OOH), Gaming & Animation contribute to 30% of total revenue in Media and Entertainment segment in India
- Indian advertising industry to grow by over 9% (CARE)
- Key trends and growth drivers in Media and Entertainment
- Digitisation (Eg: DTH, IPTV, e-paper, online movies etc)
- Regionalisation (growing literacy, disposable income etc)
- Growing importance of subscription/ pay market (Pay for quality content and expereice for DTH, Value added services, General Packet Radio Services (GPRS) etc.)
- Print Media Trends
- Indian print media industry is estimated to grow up 260 billion rupees from the current 139 billion, which is over 18.7% from the current levels
- Indian print media is grown Compound CAGR of 8%
- 92% of the papers published in India are vernacular language papers
- Population in Maharashtra – 9,67, 52, 247 (Handbook of basic statistics of Maharashtra state 2007)
- Literacy rate in Maharashtra – 76.9% (Handbook of basic statistics of Maharashtra state 2007)
- Television Media
- The total size of the television sector accounted for Rs. 257 billion in CY2009
- Indian television industry is projected to grow by a CAGR of 12.5% over the period CY2010-14 and is estimated to reach Rs. 480 billion in CY2014 from the present size of Rs. 257 billion in CY2009